Help us raise money for the next generation of nurses
Thank you for helping us ensure that future generations of nurses have the resources they need to complete their education.
Help us raise money this Nurses Week by creating mini fundraising campaign on Facebook. It’s easy!
Using a Facebook fundraiser
A Facebook fundraiser is a great way to support a cause you believe in! All funds raised will be awarded to nursing students and Facebook covers all the fees associated with the donations.
This is how you create a fundraiser:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/fund/rainierolympicnurses/ for a quick way to set up a fundraiser.
- (You can also click the Fundraisers icon (a circle with a heart) in the left-hand menu of your Facebook profile on a desktop/laptop computer – may need to click on “See All” to see the fundraiser icon. If not using the link above, you’ll need to enter Rainier Olympic Nurses Association as the nonprofit you’d like to support and click on create fundraiser.)
- Set up your fundraiser! The following fields are available:
- How much money do you want to raise? – Set a goal for the total amount you want to raise.
- Select currency – use US Dollars USD.
- When should your fundraiser end? – Set the last day your fundraiser will be active. For Giving Tuesday fundraisers, we encourage you to leave them active until at least December 1st.
- What is the title of your fundraiser? – Set a title for your fundraiser. The default will include your name and the name of the nonprofit you have chosen. We suggest adding Thank Nurses or Nurses Week to the title.
- Why are you raising money? – Include a brief summary of why you are raising money. The default will include some language from Facebook and a brief description of R.O.N.A. but we strongly encourage you to share your own wording. Why are future nurses important to you?
- Cover Photo – There will be a default photo used but if you have a photo that shows why this is important to you (a photo of you from your nursing career or a nurse that you admire), we encourage you to change the cover photo or add it as a post once you’ve created your fundraiser.
- Click Create.
- Finally, share that fundraiser with all your friends!
Or donate to our Thank a Nurse Fundraiser using the button below.