The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) are community-based programs that use volunteers to respond to disasters and emergencies. Many MRC also provide ongoing volunteer opportunities to help improve public health such as immunization clinics.
MRC provide an opportunity for licensed health care professionals to contribute their unique skills and expertise to help local residents.
PCNA encourages all nurses to become a Medical Reserve Corps volunteer in their county. Use the links below to find your local MRC and become a registered volunteer.
- Pierce County Medical Reserve Corps – http://piercecountymrc.org/?fbclid=IwAR1J2pEPTEiXJA9s1XQ9pPTyGhghxqzbHJ3029hbjopSuetuMcuZqJuJgEY
- Mason County Medical Reserve Corps – https://www.co.mason.wa.us/health/medical-reserve-corps.php
- Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management – MRC serving Kitsap, Jefferson & Clallam counties – http://www.kitsapdem.org/medical-reserve-corp.aspx
- Grays Harbor Medical Reserve Corps – http://www.healthygh.org/directory/mrc
- Thurston County Medical Reserve Corps – https://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/admin/preparedness/mrc.html